Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Hidden Healer's Last Day at the Track 2012

Galaxy got to come home the day after his last race. Check out his final day at the track and his introduction to his new home at the Happily Ever After Holistic Healing Horse Ranch outside of Denver, CO!




Here's a little bit more information on Galaxy's race career.  Previously known as Precepts Ten, he was born in Arkansas in 2007.

He started racing as a 2 yo and had 23 starts as a race horse, coming in 1st once, 2nd three times, and 3rd five times. In his 5 years, he had 7 owners and he raced in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Iowa, New Mexico, and Colorado. His earnings were over $23,000.

With all of that moving around it's amazing that his heart was still open for connection!

A shout out of thanks to Galaxy's trainer/owners Linda Jones & Lazy F Farms and CANTER's Colorado Chapter who made this match possible! Plus a hug of thanks to Bronco Billy for his gracious generosity which made my introduction to the "scary" track backside a welcome, friendly pursuit!


Last Day at the Track: Galaxy with his track family

I can't wait to share Galaxy's journey from race horse to healing horse with you!

*** Has an off-the-track TB ever stolen your heart and touched your life? Please share your experience and make a comment! (Just click the tiny "1 comment" link below)

2 comments:

Dr. Jenn and the Healing Herd said...

Galaxy isn't my first OTTB- just the first FRESH off the track! My very first horse, the head of my Healing Herd, 23 yo Serendipity, started out life at the track. But thanks to a case of strangles early on at the track, she never raced and I met her as a barely broke 4 year old hanging out in someone's field. She was my first event horse and she had to wait 12 years and 4 babies before I discovered she was a healer!!! Now that's patience. She's still my best friend.

Greg said...

I can't wait to see how Serendipity shows Galaxy the "ropes"!